DMCC - Dubai Multi Commodities Centre
WHAT IS DMCC - Dubai Multi Commodities Centre?
DMCC (Dubai Multi Commodities Center) is one of the most well-known and highly reputable Free Zones in Dubai.
It’s the world’s biggest Free Zone, which was 5 times awarded as the “Global Free Zone of The Year”.
DMCC company formation is one of the best ways of registering your business in the Emirate of Dubai.
It hosts 16,000 companies and is home to many large multinational corporations.
The DMCC has a number of objectives, including:
- To be the world’s leading trade hub for commodities and related products.
- To attract and retain the world’s leading companies in the commodities and related sectors.
- To create a vibrant and dynamic business environment in Dubai.
- To contribute to the economic development of Dubai and the UAE.
The DMCC has been successful in achieving many of its objectives. It is now the world’s leading trade hub for commodities and related products, and it attracts and retains the world’s leading companies in these sectors. The DMCC has also created a vibrant and dynamic business environment in Dubai, and it has contributed to the economic development of Dubai and the UAE.
DMCC BUSINESS FACILITIES
DMCC, situated in the vibrant Jumeirah Lakes Towers (JLT) area, offers a blend of commercial and residential towers, creating a self-contained city within Dubai. Boasting the convenience of two metro stations and easy access to the main highways, DMCC is strategically located. Moreover, the renowned landmarks like Dubai Marina and The Palm Jumeirah are just across the road, while Downtown Dubai is just a short 10-minute drive away.
Within the JLT area, an array of amenities cater to diverse needs. Business centers, offices, clinics, schools, and sports clubs are readily available, providing a comprehensive infrastructure to support various aspects of professional and personal life.
When setting up a company in DMCC, businesses have the flexibility to choose from four types of facilities for rent, tailored to their specific requirements:
- Flexi-desk facility: This option provides the minimum required office space, allowing businesses to operate efficiently while optimizing costs.
- Serviced desk or office: Ideal for businesses seeking a fully equipped and serviced workspace, this option offers convenience and flexibility without the burden of administrative tasks.
- Executive office in JLT business towers: Positioned within the prestigious business towers in JLT, this option provides a prestigious and professional environment for companies requiring a more prominent presence.
- Warehouse in JAFZA Free Zone: For businesses involved in trading or logistics, the option to lease a warehouse in the adjacent JAFZA free zone offers easy access to a robust logistics infrastructure and international trade opportunities.
DMCC offers a diverse range of business activities, catering to various industries and sectors. From traditional trading and professional services to cutting-edge ventures like crypto commodities trading, there is ample room for innovation and growth within the free zone.
In addition to these options, entrepreneurs can also establish retail businesses such as shops, clinics, restaurants, and other retail outlets within the JLT area. This makes DMCC an attractive alternative to setting up a mainland company, where a local citizen sponsorship is typically required. In DMCC, you have the advantage of being a 100% owner, providing greater control and ownership over your business.
Another advantage of DMCC is the flexibility it offers in terms of business activities. Your DMCC license allows you to engage in up to six business activities from the same group. This is twice the average number permitted across the UAE, giving you the opportunity to diversify your operations or explore multiple avenues within your chosen industry.
Key commercial activities in DMCC Free Zone in Dubai
The DMCC is home to a wide range of companies, including:
- Commodity trading companies: These companies trade in a variety of commodities, including gold, silver, oil, and gas.
- Logistics companies: These companies provide logistics services, such as warehousing, transportation, and freight forwarding. The DMCC is a major logistics hub for the Middle East and North Africa region.
- Financial services companies: These companies provide financial services, such as banking, insurance, and asset management.
- Technology companies: These companies develop and provide technology solutions for the commodities and related sectors.